Monday, 1 April 2013

Mani Monday - Ombre nails




Hola Bloggers! I am glad to see that you have all survived the dreaded Monday, but at least it was bank holiday so I hope you all had a good, well deserved rest!:)
It is Monday, as we've already noted, and usually on Monday I do what I first saw on Grazia's website which is a Manicure Monday. So I hopped onto the world wide web to see what crazy nail art I would attempt this week, and I saw this:
Image from We Heart It.
Image from Tumblr.

These are, and if I'm correct called 'Ombre nails' which is weird because I thought it would be spellt with a 'H' so 'Hombre nails' but obviously not. So I saw these and I thought - I like these! And so I decided to watch a couple of tutorials on how to do this, one I did particularly enjoy was this one from ELF's YouTube channel. You can see it to the right of what your reading right now.









SO I tried to give this a go, but on the video, you may have noticed that the lovely lady paints all three shades onto her sponge. I tried this and it ended terribly, in fact it was so terrible I was ashamed to take a picture. But then I did some experimenting and applied the varnish to the sponge one colour at a time and layered it on, if that makes sense, and it really worked! I chose three colours, a nude colour, then a bright pink and then a really strong red.









SO from all these pictures you can see that I obviously need more practice  but for a first attempt I was pretty chuffed with myself! Do you like them? Let me know. I would love to know what your manicures are like on this fine day, so just comment below if you feel like it or even if you enjoy my blogging that much - subscribe! Thank you for reading, love Annie :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment