Anyway back to the task at hand, and I thought today I could do a rather interesting blog post about skin. If you are a teenager, like myself, skin can be a pretty tough thing to deal with - especially on your face. But have no fear because today I am going to share with you my current skin routine which really seems to work, of course I am not a trained specialist so do read at your own risk, this is just what I have found really effective, I think I am going to separate this into steps and morning and nighttime routines.
STEP 1 *MOST IMPORTANT!!* - I think the most important thing to do is to GO OUT AND ENJOY THE SUN. For me just spending some time outside or just chilling in the conservatory with the door wide open with the sun shining on me, the sun doesn't only give you a nice bit of colour but it also helps to dry out my oily skin and the fresh air just seems to make me in myself feel generally healthier and this comes through on my skin. Of course if you are going to go out sunning yourself, remember that the sun can be very dangerous and I seriously recommend you use sun cream vigorously because it can cause all kinds of nasty stuff like skin cancer, and can also age your face, so use protection kids!
* NIGHTTIME ROUTINE*
STEP 2: Wash your face every night with just hot water, to begin with this just nicely refreshes your face, of course you don't have to do this if you use the shower because that washes your face for you!:-)
STEP 3: Use your daily face wash. I use a particular face wash, in fact I think I am going to take a picture of this because I think it is really worth sharing, and it is by Garnier, and is called 'PURE DEEP CLEAN FOAM WASH' and claims to "unclog pores and is anti-shine, anti-imperfections". Buy this face wash... I have been using this face wash for about four months now and I have only just hit the half way line now so all in all it lasts a very long time! I don't want to go into a full on review, but at start I really didn't like this, it made my face really dry and horrible because I wa applying it really thick and leaving it to soak in for ages and basically the acid just dried out my face. But after a few months I decided to use it again but this time I only apply a little bit,k mostly concentrating on my nose and monobrow area (most spot prone spot) and I haven't looked back, it makes my skin feel really clean and fresh and is excellent to clear your skin as almost a make-up remover after a full day of make-up, just don't get it in your eyes - I learnt the hard way. So I use this face wash every night before I go to sleep and leave it on for no more than 30 seconds before rinsing it off with nice hot water.
![]() |
| Both products, the face wash and body scrub... |
![]() |
| It's hard to see but this is the foam wash on my skin, it made my hand feel lovely and refreshed!! |
STEP 4: After using that I then go on to use a more specific and exfoliating product for my nose and monobrow area because the face wash was great, but didn't tackle my blackheads because of just being a foam. SO I use 'Sanctuary Body Scrub' on my nose and on my monobrow area because it almost sand based and so is really good for just clearing the oils and dirt from your skin, I don't use if on the rest of my face purely because it doesn't need it and that would just be a waste. Buy this scrub... (this is also amazing for shaving your legs, by the way).
![]() |
| The body scrub smells of fresh oranges! |
![]() |
| As you can see it is very sand based which is excellent for my pores! |
STEP 6: After that I rinse my face with COLD WATER, this just closes the pores ready for moisturizing.
STEP 7: Moisturize your face using whatever moisturizer you like, I use Johnsons' Baby Lotion purely because it's really gentle on skin because it's made for babies and also makes my skin feel smoother than a babies bottom!;) This is so far my favourite moisturizer of all time. Buy this lotion...
And that's it for night time, before I sleep I apply COCO BUTTER from The Body Shop under and all over my eyelids and eyes because it's just really refreshing and helps to deeper moisturize my skin.
*MORNING ROUTINE*
STEP 1: Wash your face some more. Before I put on make-up I like to just wash my face with a few splashes of hot water and then once splash of cold water just so my face is lovely and clear and awake. I don't bother moisturizing in the morning because I don't want my face to be super shiny for school.
And that's about it readers! I hope you have enjoyed this post, if you do please remember to subscribe, I am on all kinds of other social media like Blog'lovin and Tumblr so just search for 'ToadRoadFashion' and your sure to find me. I'd love to hear what you think so feel free to comment and I shall see you all very soon! Love Annie :) xxx




No comments:
Post a Comment