Friday, 20 September 2013

L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim Review and NYC Liquid Eyeliner | BATTLE OF THE EYELINERS!

Gooood evening everyone! I have quite the treat for you guys today and that is a BATTLE OF THE EYELINERS, YEAH! I have in the running today two very current, very different eyeliners and they are: The L'Oreal Paris 'Super Liner Perfect Slim' and the NYC 'Liquid Eyeliner' in this postie I will be comparing the two and (hopefully) choosing a favorite out of the two, so let's get started!



So let's begin with the packaging...

So this eyeliner from L'oreal is packaged in a shiny long black liner tube (almost like a fine liner) with a matte grip beneath the tip of the liner which makes it EVEN more like a pen. Even the lid pops off like a pen. It has metallic writing all over it which I think looks really professional and high-end.  

This eyeliner by NYC is much smaller than the L'oreal liner but is also much wider. The lid unscrews off as opposed to it pulling off which I think it great for clumsy people who like to throw their makeup in their handbags and then finding out the lids come off and has absolutely destroyed your liner and many a thing inside your bag too (is this just me?!). This too has metallic writing, but overall it does feel slightly more plasticky than the L'oreal pen. But then again being the cheaper of the two, this was slightly expected.



Now let's move onto the brushes!

 The brush on the L'oreal Slimline is again very much like a fine-liner or pen. A very thin pointed tip which gradually gets slightly thicker down. It is surprisingly long for a brush and I suspect that may become an issue when it comes to application but we shall see!  I love the idea of it being super easy and convenient to use in this form hopefully I wont be disappointing.

The brush on the NYC Liquid Eyeliner is certainly very different. It is much thinner and isn't at all pen like, it is certainly more brush formed. It is much thinner, almost minute which I'm hoping will be great for precision. It isn't as long as the brush on the L'oreal eyeliner, so I will be excited to see what sort of performance this gives against the L'oreal.

Moving onto application...

The Application for these are very interesting. I'll begin with the L'oreal Super Liner...
I quite enjoyed using this pen, it was slightly difficult (as I suspected) for a liner-novice like myself because of the brush. The main issue I found with this was that as there is nothing to dip the brush into, you can't control the amount of liquid that comes out of the brush. I found I had to go over the line a few times because one line can become quite faint. The grip was very comfortable, and the very thin tip was great for precision. I found also that the pen did cut out a couple of time when I tried to do one sweep, this wasn't a huge issue though, I just went over it a couple of times.

Now I shall move onto the application of the NYC liner.
This liner on the other hand is VERY liquidy, it was unexpectedly liquidy and so after being surprised with a massive blob on my eye (which I removed quite swiftly), I tried again, this time wiping the brush on the side. I found the brush on this pretty much fool proof, it was very easy and could easily be a great sweep through. I did find this easier to use than the L'Oreal and the teeny brush was great for precision. 

Finally moving onto the actual liquid itself the FORMULA.

I thought I would refer back to this photograph,  the L'oreal perfect slim was a lot more darker it was jet black, whereas the NYC was slightly more like a charcoal because it has glitter in it. I was slightly confused because of the packaging there is no referral that it is a glitter eyeliner, but when you swatch it, its very obvious that there's a fair amount of glitter (it's not GLITTERY GLITTERY, but does have glitter particles in it). The L'oreal liner is slightly more budge-proof I would say (the longevity of both are pretty good). After swatching this, I rinsed my hand under a tap for a couple of seconds to see how they would cope in watery conditions, the NYC smudged awfully and lost a lot of it's colour and all that was left is a faint grey line and lots of glitter., Whereas the L'oreal seems to have held it's ground slightly better.

MY VERDICT...
Both liners are very impressive, but an evaluation has to be made.
Packaging? L'Oreal Perfect Slim wins here, it looks more high end and the matte grip is not only eye friendly but also user friendly.
The brush? I actually prefer the brush on the NYC eyeliner, it's more foolproof and I can control the amount of product I use. Also doesn't cut out like the L'oreal as much.
Formula? Both formulas are great, but if I  had to choose a winner it would be the L'oreal one the NYC is more glittery which I'm not a huge fan of. Whereas the L'oreal is more bold and budge proof.
Which would I recommend and chose as overall best eyeliner?

I would surprisingly choose the NYC eyeliner, purely because I found it more user friendly than the L'oreal, it's cheaper, and although it's slightly glittery it is actually quite effective and doesn't crumble off during the day. The brush on the L'oreal, although interesting, just isn't very user friendly for me.

And that is it for today guys, I hope you like this postie, if you did do comment below I love and read every little one of them. If you like me that much you can subscribe to me on BlogLovin or on GFC whatever's easiest for you!:-) Thank you for reading and I shall see all very soon! Love Annie :-)xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment