Friday, 13 September 2013

Johnson's daily essentials hydrating 24hour day cream | REVIEW

Hello everyone!:) I hope you have all had a lovely week, I am honestly so happy it's Friday, I've forgotten how exhausting school is!! But anyhow it's nice to have a little wind down and talk beauty, and today I am going to be reviewing a very special day cream. And that is this baby the 'Johnson's daily essentials hydrating 24hour day cream with SPF15 for normal skin' what a mouthful!


I bought this face cream from Superdrug which is my absolute FAVOURITE store, for £4.05 I'll put a link here. Purely because it's coming up to winter and I thought it's about time I gave my face some more love. It also has an SPF 15 which was a total selling point for myself, because I have become more aware of the need to protect my face from sun rays lately (subject to endless YouTube videos and blog reading unfortunately).  Let me tell you a bit more about the product.

THE CLAIM: So the wonderful people at Johnson's say that their moisturizer 'gently moisturizes your skin while leaving it beautifully soft'. They also claim that inside it has 'skin loving minerals to restore skin vitality' & 'Pro-Vitamin B5 to improve skin suppleness'. Anything that says that and I'm on board!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: So the packaging is lovely and simple, it isn't to extravagant or in your face. It has it's own personal box which is really thoughtful and useful, gives me the impression of a more high-end moisturizer, but for the high street price. The pot itself is glass with a baby pink plastic lid which I think is adorable! The size of it is 12M for those of you who are interested.
The cream itself is a prefect white shade which looks soo creamy, it makes me want to grab it all and smother it all over myself that's how tempting it looks. The product is pretty much filled to the brim when you buy it too which is great.
To touch the cream is incredibly smooth, it's almost silky but creamy all in the same time, and when you swatch it on your hand, it leaves your skin so incredibly soft and silky it's not in the slightest greasy.
The application on my face was so satisfying, being so silky means that it glides on your face with ease and a little bit goes a long way which is fab. It leaves your skin with a lovely shine and feeling the smoothest it has ever felt, you'll just want to stroke your face all day!
I have a combination of normal skin and oily skin (nose and t-zone are particularly oily, sob!) So I applied this everywhere but my nose and very sparingly on my t-zone and this has worked out very well for me.

RESULTS: So not only is protecting your skin from harsh sun rays, it also leaved my skin feeling sooo smooth it's pretty describable and it gave my skin a lovely shine, not SHINE SHINE but just the prefect amount of dewiness which is perfect because I don't wear foundation. Long term wise, I have been using this product for over two weeks now and I am so very much in love with it. My skin tone has dramatically improved, my skin looks so much healthier and perkier and feels that way too. This makes me very tempted to go out and buy their night cream to complete my collection. GOOD JOB JOHNSON'S!!

Overal thoughts:
WOULD I BUY AGAIN? Heck yes I would!
PRICE? Lovely and cheap but still get the impression of  a high-end moisturizer.
PACKAGING? Refreshingly simple, nothing too fancy, but still feels like a luxury.
THE CREAM ITSELF? Lovely and silky leaves the skin feeling protected, softer than ever and gives a beautiful shine.
LAST THOUGHTS? If your looking for a cream which will take care of your skin during the day, help balance out your skin-tone and protect from sun rays, then this moisturizer is totally for you, HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

That's it for today guys, I hope you have enjoyed this postie, as always do give me a little comment below if you have I love and appreciate every single one of you guys. Have a lovely weekend and I shall see you all very soon!:) If you have any requests or questions, feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading, see you soon!:) Love Annie :-)xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment