Saturday, 15 June 2013

Soap & Glory's 'The Breakfast Scrub' || Saturday Cosmetics Review.

Gooood morning everyone! I hope you have all had a lovely week, (despite the trauma of losing GFC:( More on that on Monday...). Last night I had a wonderful shower, and it is all down to one particular product, it's the Breakfast Scrub by Soap&Glory yaaay! After hearing masses and masses of amazing things about this scrub, I went to boots and picked it up - it was the last one there so I figure it's destiny for me to do this review for you ;).

This is a body scrub and exfoliate retailing at £8.00 in Boots - Buy this scrub... It is 300 Ml and I don't believe they have brought out a travel sized one as of yet.


So for first looks and packaging, I cannot fault Soap&Glory. Their packaging is so cute and quirky like Benefit. The Srub itself is in a plastic screw on lid container. It's rounded at the bottom and feels very sturdy - wouldn't just magically brake on you. Then there is like a slip on cardboard packaging on top which just advertises it a bit more and says the ingredients and directions. They've added onto it:
'With NEW GREAT MAPLE FRAGRANCE!'
Now I can't smell (long story), but I made my sister, brother, and mum smell this and they all agree it smells divine. Apparently it smells like fresh pancakes and coffee, and for some weird reason caramel. Either way they all agreed that it smelled fantastic, and all were fighting over it to get a whiff!




And this is the scrub itself! I have to admit it doesn't look too appetizing, but then again you don't have to eat it so what's the problem. It's a toffee/yellowy shade with bits in it sounds delicious!

I was expecting it to be quite runny but it isn't at all. It's solid. To me it looks and feels like hardened cookie mixture. (In a good way I promise). The point of this photograph was to demonstrate that it doesn't run out of the pot when you tip it upside down.


Next we move onto using the breakfast scrub...

After digging into the scrub, I figured out that there was NO NEED to dig out that much. I literally used a quarter of that on my whole body. The best way to describe this scrub as cookie dough, it feels and looks exactly like cookie dough. It feels so weird smothering yourself in it, but it's so right too.

This is a swatch of the scrub straight from the pot. See what I mean about the cookie dough!;-)

As you can see on my finger it's an exfoliator dream, it's bitty and thick and perfect for scrubbing!

This is the scrub blended and scrubbed into my arm, it feels so refreshing your fingers feel a bit weird for a bit but is passes and after rinsing it leaves your skin feeling literally the softest it ever has. I have MAJOR leg OCD, people have ocd like characteristics for certain things, such as eye makeup or lipstick, or tidying up or organising, mine is my legs. I am always looking for ways to make sure my legs are literally the smoothest things on earth, and I have finally found it. This makes your skin feel the softest it has ever felt I prmoise.

This is me applying into my skin, scrubbing vigorously! After you rinse it in the shower and it comes of really easily not what I was expecting at all! Once rinsed, it doesn't look any different, but it certainly feels completely different. My legs have never felt so soft and silky.

On the instructions the good people at Soap&Glory say you should scrub up, then moisturize (preferably with one of their own body moisturisers or butters).

I showered like usual and then shaved my legs using a razor and the Nivea Shower & Shave. THEN I applied the breakfast scrub. After I used two of my favorite moisturizers, I love them both so much:

I used the Veet Hair minimising body moisturiser for my legs (actually really works I'll do a review soon), and then my all time favourite - Johnson's baby lotion, it honestly makes your skin feel smoother than a baby's bottom.

SOO the all important verdict...

This scrub can only be described a perfection. It smells divine (apparently!) like Sunday morning breakfast with pancakes and coffee and the scent stays on you for a\t least a good day. The scrub itself has just the right amount of bits and isn't at all liquidy. A little bit also goes a very very long way which is always great. Application is easy and is just as easy to rinse off. Once rinsed it instantly leaves your legs feeling the smoothest most stroke-worthy legs, topped off with a great moisturiser which leaves your legs feeling moisturised and perfect for days, thank you Soap and Glory for literally the best scrub ever :-)) 5 Stars all round.

And that is it for today readers, I hope you have enjoyed this post and if you were looking for a good review on this scrub I hope you have found it and are satisfied :-). However if you are not please feel free to comment and ask questions and I will do my best to answer them. Otherwise do share the love and comment I always love to read what you guys think, you can even subscribe to toadroadfashion and that is all, have a great weekend, I love you all :-) Love Annie :-) xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment