Monday, 3 June 2013

Manicure Monday, blueberry polka dots...

Good morning everyone! I'm on study leave yaaaayy! As I have nothing to study for this morning (weird I know blame the school not me) I thought I would get my post in early and share with you my Monday manicure - blueberry polka dots:


Polka dots are soo cute, you may have guessed their my favourite, and so when I bought blueberry ice cream by Barry M in superdrug the other day, I just couldn't resist trying some polka dots. And it worked! This is exactly how I got this look...

Firstly these are the two exact shades I used:


Both by Barry M, I LOVE Barry M SOO much their one of my favourite make-up brands they are just so young and fun and vibrant I want like every single one of their nail paints, that's the dream anyways. You can buy these from Superdrug for £2.99 each:

Then the rest is pretty simples...

Oh I lied, I totally forgot you will also need a base coat if you wish, mine is also Barry M (shocker!) and I love this base coat so much, it stops the colour from staining my nails some vile colour that makes me look like an ogre. I just applied a quick base on all my nails like so.

The next step is to apply the Blueberry Ice Cream. Can I just say I only needed one coat of this varnish, it is such a beautiful colour and it's so bright, this was just the first coat and it looked absolutely amazing I was so pleased I picked it up.


Then you just need to wait for it to dry, this is what I love so much about the Barry M nail paints they dry soo quickly, like under a minute and their completely dry, you don't have to sit there waving around your hands like a loon!

The next step is to apply the white polka dots, you can use a dotting tool but I just use the brush that comes with it because their lovely and narrow and perfect for dotting! Make sure to try and even them out so they look professhh... I know it's hard believe me!

The next and probably final step of painting is to apply a nice glossy top coat to even it all out and protect them. I just used the Barry M base coat because it also acts as a top coat, handy! Make sure that you cover the whole nails and don't miss the sides.


The final step is just to inspect and admire and prepare yourself for the lovely comments and comments people give you, people always comment on how lovely my nails look when their polka dot, it's really nice!

And that's it for today everyone! I do hope you have enjoyed this post, if so do give it a little comment or you could even subscribe and listen to me on a more regular basis!;-) Whatever you do have a good day, thank you for reading, I love you all :-) Love Annie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment