Monday, 17 June 2013

DO NOT PANIC, adios to Google Friend Connect :(! + LIEBSTER AWARD

Afternoon y'all Annie here is some pretty sad news. If you haven't heard already (maybe you've been living under a rock for a few days), Google have announced that they are removing Google Friend Connect from our Blogger pages, this means that all our previous subscribers or followers that use the whole Google way to read blogs (like me) will dissapear from your blog forever, well maybe not forever, but still their going and that means we need solutions. This blog post is just going to be a quick guide on how to save your followers and how to save your subscriptions. :-)


So if your sitting there and wondering for starters what in the world is 'Google Friend Connect', then all you need to do is go to almost any blog and you can't miss it.



It is very likely that if you're already subscribed you just pressed that button to follow my blog and get regular updates on your blogger dashboard.

So now that it's leaving how will I keep up with all the blogs I love?

There are MANY answers to this question. If you've seen other people's posts on this loss most if not all will point you to a website called 'Bloglovin'' Which is just a site which allows you to read and subscribe and organize all of your blogs. ON THE OTHER HAND, I know for a fact that some people don't like bloglovin', its a personal thing and so I'm going to lay a few options for you so that you can read my blog on you preferred site.

1. Tumblr...


I LOVE Tumblr. If all the blogs that I'm subscribed to were on Tumblr then I would switch to using Tumblr as my viewer in an instant. Tumblr is a great way to get all your pictures and information onto one page, plus commenting, liking and even REBLOGGING is super easy on Tumblr. You don't even have to have a Tumblr account to view the blog, but if you want to subscribe to it and allow new posts to turn up on your Tumblr Dashboard, then you will have to make an account. It is SUPER easy to make one it's like 3 boxes and your done. SO if you're a fan of Tumblr, then head over to ToadRoadFashion and press the cheeky 'follow' button!:-)

2. Feedly...


Feedly is another popular blog-reading tool. It's really easy to download and use and so far I think its fine. Some of you might already use feedly (I believe it's particularly popular in America?!). It's very customizable and you can import all your blogs from Google reader in a matter of seconds which is very helpful.



Downloading the feedly app on Google Chrome...

BEWARE it does have one down side though. I downloading this app because it looked like it had a really great dashboard that worked in strips and it looked really cool, but to my horror they told me I wasn't following enough blogs to generate a dashboard D:! So I soon gave up with Feedly and moved onto...

3. Bloglovin...

Got to admit, Bloglovin is certainly the easiest reader so far. You can easily import all of your google blogs straight to bloglovin in seconds which is super helpful. They also have their own followers system so that you can see how many people are following your blog. You can also organize your blogs too into helpful little categories if you're into that kind of stuff.


You can go to blog lovin and search for Toad Road Fashion, or you could follow this link here if your lazy like me;-). I highly suggest you go to bloglovin, make an account and just press the import all google blogs button (you can't miss it). Then I won't loose any of you lovely followers!:,(

SO to end I just want to say 'CHANGE IS GOOD',even if you hate it as much as I do. Google wouldn't take it aay for no reason so I am sure better things are to come, for now though just hop over to bloglovin and we will make it worthwhile :-)

Thank you for reading I love you all, if you have ANY questions about the switchover then comment bellow, I do want to stress that you have until the 1st of JULY 2013 to switchover so do it NOW! Love Annie:-)xx


Oh yeah, also I answered all of your 'Liebster award' questions and dedicated a page to it on the sidebar, just scrolldown if you're interested, thanks for nominating me :-)xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment