Here is a step by step guide of how I achieved this look, enjoy!:-)
You will need in total 3-4 varnishes (depending if your base and top coats are the same). I cannot recommend Barry M's original nail paints enough they are perfect especially for nail art, these colours are pretty much exactly the same as the Wills stripes which is perfect! I have to admit when I bought the navy I was a bit speculative because it doesn't look too attractive shall I say, but on the nails it's like a complete transformation it's beautiful I'm so glad I didn't doubt Barry M! They each cost £2.99 and I always buy mine from Superdrug:
The first step is to apply a base coat, this is just to protect your nails a bit and to stop the colours from staining your nails because trust me it is horrid when that happens. Trust me!
This next step is probably most tricky, applying the stripes. I would highly recommend using them white
straight stickers you get from french manicure kits (if you have any) I for one lost mine and therefore had to paint them very carefully, if you think that's hard you should try with your left hand!
The next step is to fill in the stripes with the navy, this isn't too difficult because the navy is quite pigmented and vibrant. I would say the lines should be about the barry m brush size wide, you don't want them too thin or thick a could couple of millimetres.
This step just basically involves checking over the nails and going over some of the more faded bits, I found that some of the pink stripes needed re-doing so this is the opportunity to have nail OCD.
And then finally you just want to apply to nice glossy top coat to seal the deal and to give the nails a nice professional finish.
And then the final step is just to enjoy the manicure. This manicure is super cool, trendy and super relevant especially if you're a MASSIVE Jack Wills fan like me. And that's it for today's post. I do hope you have enjoyed this post, if you have why don't you give it a cheeky little comment or a share OR you could do both of them and then put the icing on the cake by SUBSCRIBING to toadroadfashion! If you have allready I just want to say thank you soooo much you're all absolutely amazing, I love you all, love Annie :-) xxx









No comments:
Post a Comment