Good morning everyone!:-) I hope you are all having a mighty fine Monday morning as am I. Today I have decided to squeeze in a little treat for y'all and that is a makeup tutorial yaaay! To be more precise this is going to be a lovely autumnul themed makeup look with maybe some darker shades but still very natural and very minimal. I am definitely a 'less is more' type of girl, so I hope you take this makeup look as maybe some inspiration to tone down the amount of makeup, but still have a beautiful look which is so seasonal and cute. Enjoy.
** APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR THE HORROR OF MY MAKEUP FREE FACE!!!! **
SO these are the products I shall be using today, I will probably show this again at the end of the post, I shall link them all separately as I go through, and then I'll do a huge list for you guys at the end for everyone whose interested.
Every make-up look should always begin with moisturizing, this is part of my daily routine/ This just evens out the skin, protects it from harmful sun rays, hydrates, and gives your skin a dewy shine. The moisturizer I always turn to and love is the Johnson's Daily Essentials 24hour day cream, buy here...
There isn't much of a trick to this, I just dab a bit on my face (not too much or it's going to look like an oil pit!) and then blend with my fingers. I blend around my eyes with my ring fingers just because it has less pressure on the eye area, the most sensitive part of the face.
This second step is do get out that concealer and conceal all your imperfections, spots, dark circles e.t.c. Also if your a foundation kind of 'gal I would recommend you do your foundation either before or after this step (whichever suits you best). The concelaer I use is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the Shade 3 'Medium', buy here...
My technique for concealer is to apply with the wand, then I like to use my ring fingers to gently blend the product. You could use a brush if you prefer, but I find the heat from my fingers makes the product blend easier and give a more natural finish. With spots or zits, (depending how awful they are) I apply a layer of concealer and pat down with my ring finger gently. Then if it hasn't vanished, some stay matte powder on top, and if that annoying bugger is still there, I do another layer of concealer! :-)
It's hard to belive how much of a difference a curling of the lashes makes, so get out those curlers, mine are from ELF and curl them like you've never curled your lashes before.
There isn't much of technique as such for this, just place is on the eye and gently press down a few times to curl. I like to curl my lashes from the roots for a more messy look, but if you want a more perfected lash, I would recommend going about halfway up the lashes and also curling from there.
The next step is to use your mascara. I use the Lash Accelerator Endless by Rimmel in the shade brown, I highly highly recommend. If you like to apply mascara before your eyeshadow, then just switch these next steps around.
My technique is more of a swooping action, do not forget the bottom lashes! I like to apply a good couple of layers to my lashes to really open up the eyes.
An autmn look isn't complete without eyeshadow, and I got out my beautiful 100pc marble eyeshadow palette by elf which is now back on sale!:D Buy here. There are a mixture of matte and shimmer and of course marble shades in the palette. (SOOO many choices!), but I am going to go for some rustic browns and some really simple darks today.
I always like to start with a light base just to even out skin tone, and this light biscuit shade is perfect. Just sweep that all over your lids with an eye shadow brush.
SO lets just recap on the products used.
JOHNSONS DAILY ESSENTIALS MOISTURIZER.
COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER
It's hard to belive how much of a difference a curling of the lashes makes, so get out those curlers, mine are from ELF and curl them like you've never curled your lashes before.
There isn't much of technique as such for this, just place is on the eye and gently press down a few times to curl. I like to curl my lashes from the roots for a more messy look, but if you want a more perfected lash, I would recommend going about halfway up the lashes and also curling from there.
Everyone gets a bit oily sometimes, most get oily skin on their noses, t-zone area, their chin. I use a powder brush from ELF and the ever so famous Stay Matte Powder by Rimmer, buy here... I powder my nose, and my t-zone. This will stay matte all day (yaaay!). If you prefer a more matte look all over the face, or have foundation to set, then powder up all over.
The next step is to use your mascara. I use the Lash Accelerator Endless by Rimmel in the shade brown, I highly highly recommend. If you like to apply mascara before your eyeshadow, then just switch these next steps around.
My technique is more of a swooping action, do not forget the bottom lashes! I like to apply a good couple of layers to my lashes to really open up the eyes.
Contouring is essential, especially for this look because its all about the darks and the dimension and I have been really loving this colour wheel by NYC which is very difficult to get your hands on now, so if you can get it, I would highly recommend.
I then like to go back to my holy grail of bronzers and that is my ELF warm bronzer, buy here. I love the shimmery highlighter shade and I like to blend a few of the shades together for a great bronzed up look. The trick with highlighter is to apply it on the top of your cheekbones.An autmn look isn't complete without eyeshadow, and I got out my beautiful 100pc marble eyeshadow palette by elf which is now back on sale!:D Buy here. There are a mixture of matte and shimmer and of course marble shades in the palette. (SOOO many choices!), but I am going to go for some rustic browns and some really simple darks today.
I always like to start with a light base just to even out skin tone, and this light biscuit shade is perfect. Just sweep that all over your lids with an eye shadow brush.
This next shade requires slightly blending three colours,a rustic brown, a matte dark and then a really shimmery light brown, a weird combination but it works trust me. I like to apply this deeper in the outer coorner, and then blend it out using a blending brush for a lighter coverage around the rest of the lid.
Then you can apply a brown eyeliner or use a darker eye-shadow on an angled brush to line the eyes.
SO the final step is to apply some lip balm, then to get a chmpagney shimmer eye-shadow and apply this to the outside of your lips like so. I know it sounds unusual to put EYE shadow on your lips, but I feel in autumn you can really pull this sort of look off.
This gives your lips an unusual autumnal shimmer but also some great texture.
AND THAT IS IT!:)
JOHNSONS DAILY ESSENTIALS MOISTURIZER.
COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER
NYC COLOR WHEEL BRONZER
And that is it for today folks. I do hope you loved reading this post as much as I loved making it, if you did do comment below, I love to read every little comment you give. Thanks for reading and if you have any requests, questions or anything do not be afraid to ask in the comments. I shall see you all very soon!:-) Love Annie:-) xxx











No comments:
Post a Comment