Thursday, 26 September 2013

Bourjois Color Boost Lip crayon review Peach on the beach | REVIEW

Afternoon everyone! Apologies for the lack of content this week, I had lots of great ideas for posts this week but I've had to postpone them due to sooo much school work (sixth form is tough!:o). But I am here now, and I have brought with me my friend, yes, the lipstick. And not just any lipstick, oh no, this is the BOURJORIS COLOR BOOST GLOSSY FINISH LIPSTICK. I hope you enjoy this  review!:-)

So lets get started!

For those of you who maybe aren't familiar with this product, this is a pencil-type lip crayon by Bourjoris and it has been massively massively raved about over the past months. It's pretty new, and since its release people have been going crazy for these babies, claiming they are even better than the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and the Clinique Chubby sticks which have also proven to be very popular. There are six shades altogether mine being 'Peach on the beach' which I shall link here. And then there are five others, Prune, Rouge, Orange Punch, Fuchsia Libra, Red Sunrise. They all retail for £7.99 which is exactly the same as the Revlon lip crayons. Like always I will begin with the packaging...

 The product is in a long tube, with a lid (almost like a marker pen), and when you take the lid off you see the crayon. It has a twist-able end at the bottom for more product, I was slightly disappointed with the amount of product you actually get in this, especially for the price. I would of at least hoped for halfway full. The packaging itself has snazzy metallic writing, and the shade of the lipstick is reflected in the casing (so for the red lipstick, the plastic casing is red). I like that a lot. It also contains the claim that the lipstick is waterproof, has SPF in it and lasts for up to 10 hours. It also claims to give a 'bear lip sensation'.

Moving onto the product itself...

 The crayon is so lovely to apply, you immediately feel the hydration on your lips (or your skin if your swatching;-) ) The colour is very vibrant which is lovely to see. It also VERY glossy, there would be certainly no need for a lip gloss with this bad boy, it is far from matte. I was very impressed with the overall lipstick, and I think you will be too.

The result?


I actually found my lips were too dark and the colour didn't really look that great, so I dabbed my lips with a light concealer, and after applying a couple of coats, I was very pleased. I would say the colour is more of a dark peach as opposed to the light peach its advertised as, but all in all it is still a very pretty colour.
My lips felt soooooooo hydrated with this on, it's almost like your wearing a lip balm. It isn't the slightest drying, it's just really glossy and hydrating, it's no pleasant to feel on your lips.
Longevity wise, I wouldn't say it lasted for ten hours, the swatch on my hand didn't even last an hour (it just faded?!), but on the lips I think a good few hours (3 to 4 maybe), but the vibrancy does fade and so I just topped up during the day.


Overall thoughts?
PRICE? Slightly expensive considering the amount of product you get in it, but it is a nice little treat.
PACKAGING? Really cute, looks great, particularly love the twister at the bottom.
THE LIPSTICK ITSELF? Colour slightly darker than initially thought and advertised, but very glossy and super hydrating, not too sticky.
WOULD I RECOMMEND IT TO YOU? You know that I am always honest with you, and if your looking for a lovely hydrating and slightly different angle at lip products than yes this is so for you, I would recommend to any of you lip lovers out there!
LAST THOUGHTS? What a lovely little lipstick! My first ever lip crayon and I fear not my last, very tempted to go get the other shades, I hope they bring out a more nude shade in the future. I will continue to wear this on a weekly basis. I love it.

That is it for today guys, if you liked this post do give it a cheeky little comment, I love and read every little on of them and try to reply to as many as I can. Don't forget you can subscribe to me very easily, either here on GFC or even on Blog Lovin'. Thanks for reading, and I shall see you all very soon! Love Annie:-)xx

No comments:

Post a Comment