Wednesday, 14 August 2013

What to take to the beach! | Beach essentials.

Hello everyone!:) I hope you have all been enjoying yourselves and enjoyed a marvelous weekend. As my camping essentials went down such a treat, I decided that why not make a beach essentials because who doesn't like going to the beach! I always find that I forget the most important and obvious stuff, so here is a nifty little list for you guys so that you can make your next trip to the beach a success, enjoy!:-)

SO the first thing I recommend you take to the beach is...


This may seem a little obvious but there was this one occasion where I actually FORGOT to pack sun cream #facepalm. Choose one that's right for you, you can also choose a much higher SPF for your face for added protection. Keep topping it up every few hours to avoid horrible peely sunburn and scary skin diseases.












I'm not an expert on sun cream but if I had to make a recommendation, I do love the Garnier Ambre Solaire spray bottles. (What's in the pictures). I love that they are a spray, this makes it super convenient, you can even spray it upside down. I particularly enjoy using the clear protect, it's so lightweight and easy you have no idea its on. 

The next thing I recommend you take is...



It's soo important to take lots and lots of water with you so you can stay hydrated. One bottle for me is probably not enough, I need at least two, being out in the sun is thirsty work you know and so take a few bottles of drink allthough they might be heavy it's totally worth it and you won't die of thirst.





Once again I'm not a water expert, but the bottles I tend to buy in multipacks are Evian, just because I like the taste, and their always on good deals. Plus the bottles are nice and strong and so they can easily be re-filled and re-used. How environmentally friendly!

Next uup is...

I don't know if your a book person, but it is safe to say I am, I love a good book and when your trying to tan-up I find just laying there to be quite boring, so I highly recommend you take something to keep you mind entertained, you could take a book, or a magazine, or play apps on your phone, you could even listen to an audiobook. This is a great past time and it can also be very enjoyable.





The books I have been enjoying reading are: The Hunger Games series, The notebook, Life of Pi, and Safe Haven. 

Moving onward!

There is nothing worse, especially if you go swimming an your hair gets all salty and horrible, than having damp, tangled, matted, knotty hair. I find that after swimming, or if it's windy, my hair is just a nightmare. SO I reccomend you take a hairbrush with you, and you could even invest in some de-tanglers. 





You could invest in a 'Tangle Teezer' (I seriously want one of these!) or just take your normal hairbrush. If your interested I think mine was from PRIMARK for like £1..50, so you really have no excuse!


The next thing I recommend you take to the beach with you is...




This is especially needed for people who are prone to dry lips. Sunlight is great for your lips apparently, (something about vitamins?) But the time may arise when they feel slightly dry, and chapped lips is not a good look, especially when your trying to flaunt your bikini body;-). 





You can get all sorts of lip balms with SPF's in them, I'll add a few links below. I just take my favorite Derma lip balms from tescos, their super cheap, but super buttery and work a treat!
Buy a Balmi Cube Lip Balm for £4.99 here...
Buy new Maybeline Baby Lips for £2.99 here...


Another thing I recon you should take to the beach with you is...




This could either be a towel (if you like to lay down) or if your more of the sitting up type you could take a camping chair. Just something you can feel comfortable on, even a picnick blanket if you'd like, something to stop the sand getting all over your legs and clothes. This way you can stay nice and fabulous!

Next thing is...



Sometimes going to the beach can be a bit unpredictable, it can go so may ways, you could sweat loads and have like horrible damp patches all over your clothes. It could rain and you could get drenched. You could go swimming in your clothes and forget that you brought no clean underwear. SO I recommend you take SWIMMERS and take a SPARE CHANGE OF CLOTHES AND UNDERWEAR, just in case!




I'm not going to recommend exactly what clothes and swimmers you should take because everyone's different, just go for something you feel comfortable in, and isn't too heavy to carry around.


Ok lets go to the next thing...




I always, always, ALWAYS forget to bring my sunglasses, and then I end up having to squint and be blinded for the rest of the day, not good!  So learn from me and take SUNGLASSES! Take two pairs even if your the type of person who forgets where you put them. This will protect your eyes short-term and long-term and will allow you to spend the day looking at everything with ease. 






I did have some great ray-ban wayfarer sunglasses but they snapped a couple of weeks ago, so right now I have some plain black wayfarers form New Look, I think they were like £4.

Another thing I recommend you take to the beach with you is...






This one's quite funny but no-one realises how important it is to have something really fun and active and probably quite childish with you at the beach, something you can just use up all your energy on and have fun with your friends. Something like a frizbee or a blow up ball or a cricket bat or something. 

Mine was a blow up ball from Wilkinsons and it was like £1, hours of endless fun for just £1.

And that's it for today folks! One last thing just remember to stay safe, be sun-ready, wear a hat, take an umbrella and have some fun. If you have enjoyed this post do give it a little comment I love reading your comments. I love you all and I see you soon :-) Love Annie:-)xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment