Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Everyday School Make-up Tutorial | BACK TO SCHOOL SERIES

Evening everyone!:-) Today I have something very very special and new for you guys, and that is a make-up tutorial yaaay! It's all part of my back to school series, which you can check out in my previous posts. Basically I'm just preparing you guys and giving some helpful tips for going back to school, because I know when I was younger, and even still, I needed insight into what was cool. I'm going into sixth form a week to today (sob!) but anyway that fully qualifies me help you guys out. I am by no means an expert and if you want to do it differently then be my guest, enjoy!:-)
I would also like to point out that I am very very sorry for the ugliness of my face, I am very un-photogenic anyways but I am trying to boost my confidence so that is what has made me do this, and once again I apologize for the ugliness.

This make-up look takes about 5 minutes, maybe 10 on a bad day :-)

So get ready for the horror... here's me without make-up.


So the first thing I do on a school morning is...


So my first tip is to moisturize, this makes your skin lovely and healthy, glowing and soft and gives it LOADS of moisture which is essential for winter. This also has SPF15 in it which is ideal for protecting your face from the harsh sun rays. Buy this cream for £4.05



As you can see it's lovely and creamy and thick.

 So dot it all over your face and blend it all in with your fingers...


Once I've done that I go onto...


This step is pretty optional but I think this gives my eyes that added lift and makes me look more awake. My curlers are from ELF and cost £1.50, I checked online but they don't sell these exact curlers any more, but there are some similar ones here...

 The next step is to conceal well. I use Collection's lasting perfection concealer in the shade 3 medium, it has amazing coverage and sets well with powder. You can buy it for £4.19 here... I don't have too many blemishes today so I get to be quite minimal, but use as much as you need/want. Before this step you could even apply foundation if your into foundation, I am not a foundation kind of girl, but I know many of you are and I tip my hat to you guys.


Here's me blending it in under my eyes, and on my blemishes...

Yay completely blemish free!:))

After banishing my blemishes, I move onto...


Mascara is probably my most important piece of make-up, I have been using this 'Lash Accelerator' by Rimmel London and I am very impressed, I'll be featuring it my favorites very soon!:-) The way I apply mascara is pretty simple, I start with the top lashes and kind of do shimmy-zigzagy movements all through the lashes, then I dip the brush back in and have fresh mascara for the other eye. I also do the bottom lashes because of my blonde lashes, but you don't have to if your lashes are dark enough. You can buy this mascara for £7.99 here...



Well  as if you haven't heard me rave about the ELF warm bronzer enough, here I go again, it has four different shades in it, each one for contouring, highlighting, bronzing, and blushing. Another great drugstore contouring kit is the 'Sleek Face Contour Kit' in light, I'm very tempted to try the kit out, but for now I love my ELF bronzer which you can buy for £3.75 here...

The brush I use to apply it is also from ELF and it is their powder brush and it's £1.50, here... & I love it.

So the first thing I like to do is mix the contour shade (the darkest) with a teeny weeny bit of highliughtn just to brighten it slightly, and then pull a fish face and brush the powder along the hollows of my cheeks... The trick it to apply the contour in like a '3' shape starting at the forehead, then going to the hollows of your cheeks and then ending by your chin.



Then I like to blend the blusher shade with a bit of the toffee bronzer and apply that to the apple's of my cheeks and where the sun would naturally hit my face...




Then to finish I like to get the highlighter shade and highlight the tops of my cheekbones giving me a healthy shine and great dimension to my face. 


Then I go ahead and...


This step literally takes like 10 seconds. I don't actually fill in my brows (even though I probably should!) but I do like to wash finished mascara wands and use them to comb through my brows quickly and get them into shape. I am just such an awesome recycler!

Then once those brows are done I sometimes go onto using my...


I only tend to use this if I am having a seriously bad complexion day, but either way guys I highly highly recommend Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, you can buy it here for £3.99.

 I like to use my ELF powder brush for my nose and the rest of my face...

 And then if I have a blemish that needs just a teeeny weeny bit of coverage, I use my eyeshadow brush, also by ELF.


Then sometimes this is me done, but every so often I like to make the effort and wear a bit of eyeshadow and just shake it up a bit, when I have one of those days, I tend to do this...


So to begin I chose a really biscuity cream shimmer for my whole lid and for my inner corners...


Then I chose a darker, more coffee like shade for the outer corner and under the eyes. You could also apply eyeliner, but eyeliner tends to make my eyes water alot and it ruins the rest of my make-up:-(



 And that is me done! Like I said I have pretty much perfected this routine so that I can do it 5-10 mins. But you can take as long as you need :-) SO just for a recap these are all the lovely products I used.


Also for those of you who were wondering hwy I didn't use a proper pink blush, it is purely because my face has quite redy/pinky undertones and so applying a blusher without applying foundation makes my face look SO RED, and trust me it is not a good look.

So anyways I do hope you have enjoyed this post, if you did do subscribe and comment as I love to hear from you and read your feedback. I hope you all have a lovely week and I shall see you all very soon for the next phase of my back to school series, see you then!:-) Love Annie xxx


Back to school series (MANY STILL TO COME):
Fashionable school uniform
What's in my school bag?
Everyday school make-up
What's in my gym bag?
Everyday school hairstyles

No comments:

Post a Comment