Good evening everyone! I do hope you had a greats weekend, I went to Lush the other week (heeaven!) and I managed to retain myself slightly, I picked up a few bits and bobs and I've been testing these products to the bone so that I could share my opinions with you, I decided to talk about the 'CUPCAKE Fresh Face Mask' which retails for £5.95 here so enjoy this little review!
During the winter I tend to slap on more makeup then any other season, just because my skin isn't getting its much needed sunlight and vitamin D, its cold and yucky, and altogether rubbish for my face. But now that it is coming up to Spring I want to tone down the makeup intake but my skin has been needing some serious detoxing because it is so clogged up and spotty and that is why I precisely bought this Fresh Face Mask.
So on the front of this mask it says "Chocolate heaven for oily and teenage skin. Helps to absorb excess oil and calm breakouts. Cocoa butter, linseed and cocoa powder soften with balancing peppermint, spearmint and sandalwood oils"
That is a claim and a half and sounds like every teenage girls dream if you ask me so you understand how excited I was to give this a go.
THE PACKAGING.
Being a bit of a face-mask virgin I haven't really paid much attention to the packaging of masks, usually though they are in tubes like a moisturizer, or in pouches which you rip at the top, this however is in a rounded pot with a screw off lid. I find this so much more efficient than the pouches and plus you can determine exactly how much mask you want to get out (it's too good to waste!).
I would say I am going to get a good 10 uses out of this pot (I have a small face) which is SO worth the money may I add!
THE PRODUCT ITSELF.
I am going to do my best to describe the texture of the mask for you guys (forgive me), it is like a textured chocolate mousse it that makes any sense to you. It's very thick it isn't sheer. Its got bits in it as well which adds to the home-made-ness of it all I think.
THE APPLICATION.
So I began by just slapping this all over my face, applied particularly thicker around my nose and t-zone (most problematic area). I was surprised at how refreshing the mask felt on my face. The packaging suggests using the mask for 10 minutes, as the minutes go by the mask gets solider and drier which feels to cool on the face, its a relief to feel it actually working!
THE RESULT.
The mask washes of SO easily and it didn't stain my face or leave it blotchy or red at all. The skin immediately feels cleaner and clearer. After a couple of hours you really begin to notice how soft and clear your face looks. My breakouts calmed down so much after just the first use and by the third or fourth use they were completely gone! I was so impressed!
CONCLUSION.
This face mask is like a miracle worker. Its a shame they only last three weeks but thats the price you have to pay for an amazing mask I suppose. It smells/tastes AMAZING and the texture is very effective. This most certainly clears out the skin and calms and soothes breakouts.
PACKAGING: Very efficient and easy to use.
PRODUCT ITSELF: Great colour/smell and interesting texture really laps onto the skin well.
APPLICATION: Easy and leaves the face feeling refreshed.
RESULT: Dries solid on the skin, washes of easily, leaves skin feeling so clean and breakouts avoided!
WOULD I RECOMMEND? Absolutely I will most certainly be buying this again and again.








No comments:
Post a Comment