Thursday, 31 October 2013

L'Oreal Paris Eau De Teint Foundation review in PORCELAINE | REVIEW

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you have all been enjoying your week, the other day I went out and treated myself to a exciting new product and I can't wait to share it with you, and that is the L'OREAL PARIS NEW NUDE MAGIQUE EAU DE TEINT. I do hope you have enjoyed this review, let me know what you think :-)!


SO I'll just start with the story, basically now that is is winter (there's no denying it, lets face it), my face has lost all of its lovely tan and colour and I came to realize all the products I have are waaay to dark for my pale, wintery skin and aint nobody got time for that! SO I saw the advertisement for this exciting new product from L'Oreal and I just couldn't resist going out and getting it. I'm like huge suckler for new products!

I am so glad I went to a Superdrug store to check out the shades because the colours are surprisingly darker than advertised online and I ended up buying the lightest shade which is 100 porcelain. There is a HUGE range of shades, I was very impressed, you can always rely on L'oreal to bring out the perfect shade foundation.

THE CLAIM: This foundation is advertised as far from heavy.
"Our 1st lighter than water foundation with an evanescent texture that glides onto the skin. No make-up feel. 
Apply it just like a perfume! Shake, tip on finger and apply. Shake it and discover on your fingertips a texture lighter than water. Glide on for amazing coverage. As light as a feather. Perfectly invisible, invisibly perfect. Our ideal nude."
There is nothing more appealing to me in a foundation than a light, invisible coverage, I like something really delicate with not too much coverage, a nice natural look and that's what drew me to this foundation.

So lets get started on reviewing the product!
THE PACKAGING: 
I really love the packaging of this product. It is slightly smaller than I first imagined, for the £10.00 you get about 20ml which is slightly less than your average foundation. The foundation is in a plastic perfume bottle shaped bottle which looks like glass, the sheer transparency of the bottle makes it easy for the user to depict the colour and the amount of product left, which I love. It feels really nice and high end, not at all high street. The metallic purple looks really professional and really completes the foundations look. It looks very luxurious and feels like it.

THE DISPENSER:
Actually dispensing or getting out the product on this foundation is super easy. It is nothing like ive ever done before. The instructions allocate that you shake the bottle well, then un-screw the lid, then as if you were applying a fragrance, you apply a drop to your finger before releasing your finger from the top with the perfect amount of product. This is literally the best way of dispensing foundation to date in my opinion. This saves sooo much product because your not wasting too much because of the pump or pourer. This gives you complete control which is lovely for a nice even, non-cakey look. This makes the product also very cost efficient.

THE FOUNDATION:
The lightness of this product is definitely the selling point for me. The product is super runny, very watery and when applied feels like your rubbing water over your face. It's refreshingly light and gives a lovely delicate, invisible finish. It has a light coverage, but can be built up for a more deep look. This looks far from cakey, its very invisible and naked which to me is beautiful and is how every foundation should be. 
I decided to put the foundation to the test and decided to drop it into a a glass of water. I was very pleased to see that unlike my other foundations, Eau de Teint floated to the top proving that this foundation is indeed lighter than water.
This photograph just proves how natural this foundation looks, as you can see it did not fully cover up the beautiful spot on my forehead, but I think with a good concealer this could easily be fixed. 
I applied the foundation with my fingers, then powdered over it with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Peach Glow.

Sooooo to conclude....
PRICE? Rather expensive but because of the dispenser, very efficient.
PACKAGING? Beautifully luxurious and pleasing to the eye.
DISPENSER? Avoids waste, new and different but super effective and easy.
THE FOUNDATION? Perfection for my skin, lovely and light, gives a naked, invisible finish, everything a foundation should be and more.
WOULD I RECOMMEND? If you are looking for something with a much deeper coverage, then I would not recommend this foundation. If however you are like me and just want something super light and easy just to brighten skin and even skin tone, then this foundation is for you. Not too dewy or luminous. Highly recommend.

And that is it for today you guys. If you did enjoy this postie do give it a share or a comment, or even better you could subscribe to Toad Road Fashion for more stuff like this on your dashboard on a regular basis. Thank you for reading and I shall see you all very soon! Love Annie :-)xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment