Friday, 20 December 2013

Winter leg savior? Soap and Glory's 'Glow lotion' review | REVIEW

Good Friday everyone! How are you all? Well I hope. Today I am going to hop straight into a review for you guys and it is... Soap and Glory's 'Glow Lotion' (if you hadn't already figured out by the title of this post). For those of you who don't know me, I am a humongous Soap and Glory fan, I have quite the collection and I haven't found a product I am unsatisfied with yet which is a huge plus. Tempted to add to my collection, I went out and purchased this glow lotion for £5.50 here and I have been using it for almost two weeks now so I am totally ready to review it for you guys, enjoy!:-)

So lets get started! 

THE PACKAGING...

Packaging is key for a successful sale. It completes the product and draws a buyer to the product in the beginning. Soap and Glory have hit packaging bang on in my opinion. Their packaging is always eye-catching, quirky and different, and that's what makes it so effective! The packaging for Glow Lotion is no exception with the iconic soap and glory pink throughout. 

Some of the statements the packaging advertises is that this product is a 'Celebrity beauty secret' and that it is 'A drop-dead gorgeous highlighting glimmer lotion for the body'.
Overall I am very impressed with the outside packaging, considering its just a cardboard box it is surprisingly luxurious and looks great on display.

THE BOTTLE...

The bottle itself is clear plastic with a push release pump or a 'squirty top' as I like to call it. On the back of the bottle is a few instructions claiming to save you when your 'short of a little shin shine' which I love. I think it's very playful but so true. The pump does come with a plastic guard which is handy for some them unexpected spillages. 

THE PRODUCT:

So the most important bit, the product. I was scared that the pump would give either too little or too much product as it isn't the conventional 'squeezey' moisturizer bottle, but thankfully it does pump out about a pea size of product. The product itself is like a thin tinted moisturizer. It has almost a rose gold shade with very very fine glitter particles in it which gives a great glow and shimmer. It isn't at all shimmery in the sense of an overpowering glitter disaster, its not fake. In contrast its very fine, and blends perfectly with the moisturizer. The pinky shade of the product really brings out the highlighting-powers and the glitter reflects light to give a beautiful shine. It's all really easy.
One thing I did find is that because my wintery skin is rather pale, the contrast between the shade of my skin and the product was quite small.

THE RESULT...?

I didn't want to edit this picture at all so that I could show you the true results of this product. I applied the Glow Lotion to the right leg and as you can see there is actually a slight difference! After noticing the similarity of shades I was starting to think I wouldn't notice a difference but how wrong was I! The lotion has given my right leg a healthy glow, and although its not a miracle difference it is very subtle but I like that. The light bounces off the right leg so well giving my leg an unavoidable healthy shine. Forgetting that this is also a moisturizer I was surprised at how soft my right leg felt after applying the lotion. It gave my legs a super silky finish which was soft and touchable. Overall I was very impressed with the finish, I recon if I was slightly more tanned (perhaps in the summer) the effect of this lotion would be EVEN BETTER and far more noticeable. But for now it gives my legs a believable glow which isn't fake.

MY CONCLUSION...

The Price? £5.50 is about average for a moisturizer, not too high priced which is a relief, but not too cheap to question the quality.
The packaging? Super fun and eye catching, quirky and sells the product perfectly.
The bottle? Simple plastic, with pump, clear which is helpful because you can see the shade of the product.
The product? Rose gold moisturizer which isn't thick or glittery-gloop, fine glitter particles which reflect the light giving a glow like finish.
The result? Beautiful believable glow to peaky wintery skin, not fake or orange. Beautiful fragrance that smells sweet and clean. Would look GREAT with a tan.
Would I buy again? I would absolutely buy this product, I vow to continue to buy this moisturizer and will use thoroughly in the summer, when I go to the gym, or when I go swimming.

Buy Glow Lotion for £5.50 HERE     Check out Soap and Glory's other products HERE

And that is it for today you guys! I hope you liked this post, if you did do give it a share and a comment and you could even subscribe to hear from me or a more frequent basis. Either way I hope you have a lovely week and I shall see you all very soon! Love Annie :-)xx




DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE ON GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT OR YOU COULD







No comments:

Post a Comment